Who Is Eligible to Apply:
- Students graduating in May
- Students who have definite plans to pursue a secondary education via a college or university, (as verified by guidance counselor below)
- Student athletes at Newsome High School who have contributed to their team development and/or success
- Newsome Athletic Booster Membership is required by March 1, 2018.
Grade Point Average, Essay, and Athletic Involvement
Please provide the following:
Your completed application. (download here)
A list of the clubs, sports and school activities you have participated in during grades 9-12.
Prepare an essay describing how sports has impacted your life. (500 word max.)
On a separate sheet of paper describe the following:
1) College/university plans (indicate which colleges or universities you have applied to).
2) The field of interest you plan to study.
3) Your proposed occupation or profession.
Return completed application packet to Mr. Lindstrom by 3:00pm on 3/28/18.
Support the Newsome Boys Varsity Lacrosse Team! We will be hosting a golf tournament on January 27, 2018. The cost is $260 for teams of 4. Prizes awarded to top 3 teams. Shotgun start beginning at 1:00 p.m. The cost is $75 to sponsor a hole (Great way to advertise your business!). Tournament followed by food and raffles! Please contact email@example.com to register a team or sponsor a hole.
*WHEN: Saturday, January 27 at 1 PM – 8 PM
*WHERE: Bloomingdale Golfers Club
The annual Newsome Boys Basketball Golf Tournament has earned a reputation as one of the finest tournaments around with loads of freebies and food! Proceeds from this event provide the basketball program with equipment, team camp entries, and an end of the year awards banquet. The Wolves program has grown into one of Hillsborough County’s finest. Please join us for a great time and a great cause!